We provide a nutritious, hearty lunch seven days a week through three program sites around the Richmond community.
• Clothing and shoes
• Back to school supplies
• Book bags/Backpacks
• Vacation Bible School each summer
• Gym shorts for children who would fail physical education without them
• Money for school field trips
• Mentoring program that follows school attendance, report cards, and homework
• Rewards for good school reports
• Easter Bunny brings Easter baskets filled with candy, toothbrushes, toothpaste, crayons and other surprises
• A Fall Festival with pumpkin carving and Halloween costumes
• A Christmas Party with a visit from Santa on Christmas Eve where each child sits on Santa's knee for a picture and receives a present
The umbrella program for our Children's Services is Camp Camille. It is a unique ongoing experience for the children we see through our lunch programs. Children are registered, then mentored. They receive all necessary school supplies along with a book bag. Groceries are provided to their families so there is always plenty of nutritious food at home. Activities planned for the children include trips to: The Science Museum, Putt Putt, Chuck E. Cheese, Busch Gardens, the Children's Museum, bowling, movies, baseball games, swim parties, camping - just to name a few. We feel it is important for these disadvantaged children to not miss out on some important life experiences. Camp Camille provides these experiences in a loving, well chaperoned, and save environment.
Health and Wellness
• Richmond Friends of the Homeless, in conjunction with Cross-Over Clinic and other volunteers, provides on site health services free of charge to those in need.
• Volunteers, doctors and nurses are available for health screenings, physicals and consultations.
• Children's back-to-school shots and individual physicals are available.
• Nutritional counseling classes and pre-natal consultations are done. Diet, exercise and prevention medicine is discussed.